Hello beautiful readers!
Happy happy Friday! What better way to celebrate the start of the weekend than with a healthy smoothie that tastes like a treat?
Anyone who knows me, knows that I’m a total addict when it comes to sweets. I can easily say no to french fries, fried chicken, and rice, but saying no to dessert is a struggle. When it comes to eating healthy the hardest part for me is staying away from chocolate, cookies, ice cream, donuts, anything with lots of sugar. Ugh, why did I inherit the sweet tooth gene from my mom?!
To stay on track I don’t deprive myself of food I love. “Dieting” and eating healthy isn’t always easy. If we’re being honest here, sometimes it SUCKS. To keep myself from cheating I trick myself into eating something healthy. Smoothies are one of my favorite healthy meals to have. This is my favorite smoothie I make when I’m craving something sweet. The best part is that it’s so easy to make and it keeps me full for hours.
What you’ll need:
- Chocolate protein powder- Herbalife is essential for me but any type of protein powder will work.
- 1 cup almond milk
- Half a banana
- 1 tablespoon organic almond butter- Depending on my mood, I switch off between almond and peanut butter. Make sure you use organic butters with no added sugar, or salt.
- Coconut oil- I use a tiny amount for some sweetness
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Herbalife supplements: I take these with all of my Herbalife shakes
- Cell-u-loss: Helps with electrolyte balance and pH level
- Cell activator: Helps with absorbent of nutrients
- Total control: Stimulates metabolism
All you need to do is add all the ingredients together in a blender and you’re done!
The best part about this smoothie is that it’s packed with protein, which means it’ll keep you full for a long time. I love making this after a good workout or when I’m feeling extra hungry.
Sometimes eating healthy is difficult. Do you guys have any favorite foods to eat when you’re craving something sweet? Let me know, I love trying out new healthy recipes. 🙂
A Whole Lotta Love,