I have such a love-hate relationship with my color treated hair. I LOVE being a blonde. I’ve always felt like I was meant to be blonde. The down side to this strong connection to my blonde hair, is that I have naturally dark brown hair. It took a lot of dedication, time in the salon, and hair dye to get my hair this light. My hair has been put through a lot. To keep it looking shiny, healthy, and manageable I have to use products that soothe and repair it.
I’m honestly not much of a hair girl. I don’t know how to do fancy hair styles, and normally I don’t have time to do anything with my hair besides adding some hair oil before running out the door. Since my hair routine is pretty simple, it’s important for me to have a product that actually does the job, and does the job well.
If there was one hair product that I could use for the rest of my life it would be argan oil. Argan oil is all the rage in the beauty world now. What I love about this product is that a little goes a long way– there is so much power in just a few drops. My favorite beauty oil brand, and brand I can trust is Rafahia.
The benefits of Rafahia 100% Organic Argan Oil:
- Multi-Tasking: I primarily use this product in my hair by warming a few drops in my hand and running it through the ends of my hair. However, this oil can also be used on the face and body. When my skin is feeling dry I apply a few drops to my face and body after I shower.
- Rich in essential fatty acids, tocopherols and polyphenols: In English, these ingredients work together to produce anti oxidant and anti aging properties. AKA it’s moisturizing and healing.
- Leaves hair smooth and shiny: I notice a HUGE difference in my hair when I forget to apply a few drops to the ends of my hair after I wash it or before I style it. This stuff really tames my frizz and keeps it manageable.
- Certified Organic by EcoCert and USDA: Not any “argan oil” will do. Rafahia’s beauty oils are 100% organic and the most premium on the market. Unlike other “argan oils” on the market Rafahia doesn’t contain synthetic fillers and fillers from other oils that damage your hair even more. The oils that contain these fillers can actually do more damage and don’t benefit your skin or hair.
How I use Rafahia Argan Oil:
For the Hair:
- Wash my hair and lightly towel dry
- Warm a few drops in the palm of my hands
- Run it through my hair, focusing on the ends and color treated sections
- I either stop here and let my hair air dry naturally. This allows the oil to heal my hair from damage caused from heat styling, color, or the sun.
- Or I continue to style my hair
- Apply a couple more drops to my ends following heat styling to soothe and tame my hair. It’s SO important to apply this argan oil before and after styling because of the stress heat puts on your hair.
For the skin:
- Use a gentle cleanser to remove makeup, dirt, and oil
- Tone with an alcohol free toner
- Take two to three drops of Rafahia Argan Oil on my fingertips and tap onto my face and neck. I have an oily skin type so I normally only need two drops.
- Massage oil into skin until absorbed.
- I have acne prone skin, however oils derived from seeds don’t have the ability to cause breakouts. Since argan oil is produced from the nut of an argan tree it doesn’t break me out which is a TOP priority for me.
A Whole Lotta Love,
This post is in collaboration with Rafahia. However, these opinions are 100% my own.