Happy Wednesday y’all!
With the start of the new school year comes extra inspiration and hustle. As many of you know, I’m really into routines, schedules, and being organized. I feel so much more productive when I keep myself busy! On lazy days when I do nothing I end up over eating and feel like a slug. Soooo not fun. I try to keep up with this routine even on days I don’t have school or work.
It’s important to start each day with a purpose, a morning routine gives me something to jump start my daily tasks to.
Currently, I’m trying to make health and wellness more of a priority in my life. I know some people think that those who like healthy things take themselves too seriously, but I don’t care. I think it’s cool to take care of yourself!
My goal for the rest of the year is to find a balance with my mind, body, and soul.
I believe the key to success is taking small steps, one at a time, that eventually add up to big progress! Whenever I add a new step to my morning routine I feel when step closer to finding balance.
The first thing I do when I wake up is make myself a cup of hot water and lemon! Lemon water helps with digestion and flushes out toxins from the body. This is my good morning drink!
While I sip on my hot water and lemon I sit on my porch and look over my daily planner for what’s coming up in the next couple days and write down my daily to do list.
Making a daily checklist has really helped increase my productivity. A change I made in the past couple months is making a point to make daily goals, weekly goals, and monthly goals!
My Pressed Juicery herbal dietary supplements are a recent addition to my morning routine! Although, I’ve only been taking these supplements for a short period of time (about three weeks), I’ve seen noticeable results!
Three weeks ago I came down with a cold— thanks to Sonny. LOL
I had all the basics: runny nose, cough, and headache. In the middle of my morning routine, feeling like death, and I noticed these supplements I had on my counter that I hadn’t tried yet. I gave these a go and the next day my symptoms had went down drastically!
I know. It sounds too go to be true, and I sound dramatic. BUT, my mom had the same cold and is still currently fighting it off! Weeks later! Of all the cold remedies that I’ve tried, nothing has worked for me as quickly as this.
Here are the three supplements I take:
- B- complex: Contains vitamin Bs and B-12. B-12 is found only in animal products. Since I’m currently trying to decrease my animal product intake (red meat, and dairy) it’s important for me to get the vitamin from a supplement. Vitamin Bs are also known to help with hangovers. Another plus lol
- Weight management: Has garcinia cambogia extract, green tea extract, gymnema sylvestre extract, hoodia gordonii extract, l-carnitine, which are known to make you feel less hungry and boost metabolism. I’m all about taking the extra help when it comes to weight management.
- Immunity max: The one that saved me from my cold! One serving takes care of your daily vitamin C! It also contains zinc, known to treat the common cold, and a health promoting proprietary blend.
For breakfast I typically make myself a smoothie, depending on my mood. This is my favorite smoothie to make when I’m craving something sweet. I won’t go into much detail since I covered it in a previous post.
Hair, Skin and Nails Gummies: This supplement contains antioxidants vitamins E, attributed to skin health, and vitamins C, involved in collagen production and production. It also contains biotin which helps maintain healthy hair.
AKA helps make the skin nice and ~vibrant~ and the hair nice and long. Since I started taking this I’ve noticed how quickly my hair has been growing.
About a month ago, I had a HORRIBLE manicure done and it ruined my nails and made them weak. 🙁 I’m hoping these vitamins will help my nails grow back. I’ll keep you guys posted.
Finally, after taking in all those nutrients I go back upstairs to my room and I start my skin care routine! I’ve never had the best skin and have struggled with acne for a long time. However, I made the change about three months ago to use products that are natural and without chemical ingredients (harsh ingredients like benzoil perozide) and I’ve noticed a big difference in my skin!
It’s hard having really sensitive acne prone skin, but I noticed my skin reacts best to natural and simple ingredients.
Here is my current morning skin care routine:
- Rafahia Moroccan Argan Refreshing Facial Wash: Leaves my skin feeling refreshed without overdrying. This cleanser makes me feel SO clean and the lemon scent instantly wakes me up.
- Thayers Witch Hazel Rose Petal Toner: Adding a toner into my skin care routine has made a huge difference in my skin. Witch hazel is known to help clear your skin and heal acne and rose petal is known to promote glowing skin— a duo I’m here for.
- Burt’s Bees Brightening Eye Treatment with Daisy Extract: I like this eye treatment because it’s mouisturizing and light. It doesn’t cause my concealer to crease or smudge which is very important for a day time eye cream for me.
- Burt’s Bees Complete Nourshiment Facial Oil: My latest obsession has been facial oils. I use my burt’s bees serum with my argan oil to complete my skincare routine. This serum contains rosehip, jojoba, and evening primrose to fight wrinkles and rejuvinate. I love this serum because it leaves my skin hydrated and supple. When I forget to use this, I notice a difference in my skin being dry and dull.
- Rafahia 100% Organic Moroccan Argan Oil: My favorite argan oil, Rafahia can be used for the hair and skin. Recently I added argan oil to my skin care routine and let’s just say I wish I did this sooner! Argan oil has antioxidants with healing properties and has helped my acne scars heal and fade. My friend even pointed out to me that my skin looked smoother than usual when I started using argan oil!